If you are a newly admitted student who has yet to attend an Orientation & Course Selection Day, you should start with the information for Admitted Students.
This section of the CNMS Advising web site is currently under construction. While we work, please consult the web site for the CNMS Department under which your major falls. If you have yet to declare one of the CNMS majors, considering following the CNMS Advising Group on myUMBC (declared majors are automatically enrolled in this group).
- Bioinformatics & Computational Biology, B.S.
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, B.S. (joint program with the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry)
- Biological Sciences, B.A.
- Biological Sciences, B.S.
- Biology Education, B.A.
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, B.S. (joint program with the Department of Biological Sciences)
- Chemistry, B.A.
- Chemistry, B.S.
- Chemistry Education, B.A.
- Mathematics, B.A.
- Mathematics, B.S.
- Statistics, B.S.
- Physics, B.S.
- Physics Education, B.A.
Note: There are no undergraduate degree programs offered by the Department of Marine Biotechnology in the College of Natural and Mathematical Sciences. Students considering a career in Marine Biology may wish to prepare themselves for graduate study in that field by majoring in Biological Sciences, Environmental Science, or by developing their own degree program through the Interdisciplinary Studies program.
Looking for Pre-Professional programs?
- The PreMedical and PreDental Advising Office has information for students planning to apply to Medical, Dental, Veterinary, Optometry, and Podiatry programs.
- The Office for Academic & Pre-Professional Advising has information for students planning to apply to Nursing, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant, Dental Hygiene, Medical & Research Technology, and other allied health programs.
- The Department of Political Science coordinates the Pre-Law program, for students planning to apply to Law School, or who wish to pursue employment in law-related areas.