CNMS Advising remains committed to supporting students throughout this unprecedented time and will be shifting all of our services to remote platforms.
FOR GENERAL QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL : CNMSAdvising@umbc.edu
CNMS Staff will monitor email messages 10AM – 4:00 PM Monday through Friday. Questions and requests will be routed to the appropriate staff member for response.
- Professional and Faculty Advisors will be available for remote advising support however each advisor may be using different communication platforms — including but not limited to — email, Google Voice, WebEx, and Google Hangouts Meet. To confirm how your assigned advisor will be conducting their appointments please be sure to email them directly.
FALL 2021 REGISTRATION & ADVISING CLEARANCE
- All students must seek advising clearance and support prior to registration.
- Advising assignments and instructions will be distributed via myUMBC email in early March.
- Updated advising assignment charts can be found online here.
- Earliest advanced registration dates and time are determined by earned credits. You can view your specific date and time via your myUMBC account and/or use this chart as reference.
- The Advanced Registration Period begins on MARCH 30th for qualified undergraduate students.
- Refer to this Advising and Registration Checklist in order to ensure a successful advising season.
SUMMER 2021 REGISTRATION — REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
- Summer registration does not require advising clearance. Additional information regarding winter registration as well as course offerings can be found at summer.umbc.edu.
- Be sure to discuss your summer plans with your assigned advisor to ensure that they are in your best interest and that their subsequent fall course recommendations align appropriately. This can take place during your regularly scheduled advising appointment for the upcoming semester.
- Please contact your advisor if you are planning to take courses at another institution during the winter session. All courses that are taken elsewhere require a Verification of Transferability Form and an advisor’s signature if you are intending to take a major-related course.