CNMS Advising remains committed to supporting students throughout this unprecedented time and will be shifting all of our services to remote platforms.
FOR GENERAL QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL : CNMSAdvising@umbc.edu
CNMS Staff will monitor email messages 10AM – 4:00 PM Monday through Friday. Questions and requests will be routed to the appropriate staff member for response.
- Professional and Faculty Advisors will be available for remote advising support however each advisor may be using different communication platforms — including but not limited to — email, Google Voice, WebEx, and Google Hangouts Meet. To confirm how your assigned advisor will be conducting their appointments please be sure to email them directly.
- Until advising assignments are released in early to mid – October, all incoming CNMS students can seek assistance from any member of the CNMS Advising Staff via our joint email address — CNMSAdvising@umbc.edu.
- “Walk-In” appointments and scheduling support will be available during the Schedule Adjustment Period (ending September 10th) via Google Meet. Feel free to schedule an appointment here.
- Additional advising support after the Schedule Adjustment Period will be available on an ad hoc basis. Email CNMSAdvising@umbc.edu for additional information.
- Be sure to follow the CNMS Advising myUMBC Group page for updated messaging, events, and advising support.
- Advising assistance will be provided by your previously assigned advisor. Advising assignments can be found here alongside contact instructions.
- Students who were assigned to CNMS Advising Staff in Spring 2020 can follow up with that advisor until new advising assignments are made available in October.
- Students assigned to faculty advisors will want to reach out to them directly (e-mails preferred) for their specific remote advising procedures.
SPRING 2021 REGISTRATION CLEARANCE — ADDITIONAL INFORMATION BEGINNING IN OCTOBER!
- All students must seek advising clearance and support prior to registration.
- Advising assignments and instructions will be sent to students’ myUMBC email in early to mid – October.
- Updated advising assignment charts and procedures will be available in October as well.
WINTER 2021 REGISTRATION — REGISTRATION BEGINS OCTOBER 18th
- Winter registration does not require advising clearance. Additional information regarding winter registration as well as course offerings can be found at winter.umbc.edu. The schedule of classes for the winter session will go live on September 14th.
- Be sure to discuss your winter plans with your assigned advisor to ensure that they are in your best interest and that their subsequent spring course recommendations align appropriately. This can take place during your regularly scheduled advising appointment for the upcoming semester.
- Please contact your advisor if you are planning to take courses at another institution during the winter session. All courses that are taken elsewhere require a Verification of Transferability Form and an advisor’s signature if you are intending to take a major-related course.